Sunday, November 20, 2011

How can I be more social and meet people like me?

I find it difficult to go out to pubs and clubs and am not really part of the mainstream scene that most "normal" people are. I tend to get very anxious about going out, particularly at night as, although i have been working on my self-esteem and know it is okay to be myself, I feel socially "odd".


There must be people, like me, who dont drink alcohol and like to meet interesting, intelligent people for good conversations, coffee and company.


I have been going to salsa classes and try to go out on my own to things, plus I have joined a local social group, but most people are in couples or are much older. I just find it so difficult, and am aware that if I do not keep pushing myself I might not go out socially at all. I have some close friends, but want to be more "normal" and meet a variety of people.


I appear confident at work, but that is because I have my "work" head on and am representing something, if that makes sense.


Any ideas or help welcome x

How can I be more social and meet people like me?
Forget "clubbing" - It's for losers with nothing better to do with their time and money than to drink it up and act stupid.





Be thankful that you're not "more normal" in that regard - and then forget about that thing.





The salsa-dancing is good. Consider also martial arts for an activity that'll put you in contact with more younger people.





Also, community or professional organizations. You can meet some great people in groups like Rotarians, Toastmasters, etc. - or charitable organizations.





When you do go out, put your "work head" on because you are representing something - You're representing YOU - the most important and valuable and unqiue commodity that you'll ever represent.





If you're skeptical about that, consider this - your "work head" for "representing something" has apparently been successful for you at work, eh?





And, no matter what you've represented or thought you represented, if people trust you - either as a representative or to represent something - it's YOU they trust, respect, and apparently enjoy communicating with. So, it's been YOU all along that's been successful - not whatever you've "been representing".





So, just "put that head on" - and go have fun being successful.
Reply:I think it's great that you have been making an effort to change and meet new people it is very hard to meet good people these days. well if your not into drinking then don't try to meet anyone in a bar because drunks will get on your nerves if your not drunk yourself lol I would say to try and go out and do whatever interests you and I'm sure you will meet others that share your interests if you are outgoing and make an effort to talk to and get to know them. by the way I think you sound cool feel free to email me anytime ;-)

family dentists

No comments:

Post a Comment