Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do you meet new people?

After graduating from college and accepting a job in a new location I am finding it hard to meet people. I live in a small southern town with not much to offer. My coworkers are not my age and we do not have similar interest. I mentor for BBBS, go to the gym, am a member of a professional organization and take karate lessons. I do hook up with a group of females about once a month, but no friendly relationships have developed. My neighbors do do not seem intereseted either. I do speak when I see them, but we are on different schedules. Any suggestions.

How do you meet new people?
For myself . . . I do what interests me such as . . . going to bookstores, having a chai tea and browsing books or sitting to enjoy a book . . . a local museum in my town has jazz music one night a month...I listen to the music, enjoy the art, socialize . . . I attend mini lectures as I hear of them about town (colleges, bookstores etc.)...Attend cultural events such as earth day, state fair, cultural celebrations, sidewalk chalk art festivals, I can read at home or go to a local coffee shop and read . . . Basically if I'm not dating . . . I " date myself " which basically means to me to take care of my interests...I do what interests me . . . If I meet someone...fine...if not...I'm enjoying what I'm out doing.





And the thought of meeting someone while I'm at an activity that I enjoy...he'll also be of like minded thought...and that's a nice beginning.


.


No comments:

Post a Comment