Wednesday, July 14, 2010

How do you meet with people that are influential ?

I 'd like to know how to meet and associate with people who are influential and role models.


People that would welcome your company.

How do you meet with people that are influential ?
Find people on Yahoo! - Advanced Search
Reply:To meet influential people you need to attend the events or meetings, they frequent or be a member of the same organizations. Join a political party and work as a volunteer if you want to meet that type of person. 20 years ago I volunteered to assist with amateur sports events in my community and have met many VIP's because of that. Don't start off thinking you will be rubbing elbows with the movers and shakers right off the bat but with time you might be able to develop connections to important people who find you like able. In my case guarding a gate so no one got into a restricted area resulted in being invited to a party where I made connections with several local civic leaders and with time was able to move up in the hierarchy. The more chances like that you have the better the possibilities of getting into the inner circles.





People I have met and talked to:


Colin Powell, Sec. of State


Bart Starr, Larry Bird, Payton Manning,


Sen. Richard Lugar, 2 presidential candidates, and dozens of local and area leaders. Colin Powell I met at a society function for Black achievers, I was given a pair of $100 a plate tickets as a reward for helping out at other events. Did I change world policy ? No, but I was able to meet him and spend 15 minutes in conversation, we talked about Football. I also received a handshake, his card, and came away knowing that I had met the person not the public "face".


No comments:

Post a Comment