Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What is the best way to meet people in downtown chicago?

I just relocated to Wrigleyville from a small town and aside from co-workers, I don't know anyone in the area. What is the best way to meet people in the area? I'm not one to go to the bars solo but I want to meet up with people my age between 21-30.

What is the best way to meet people in downtown chicago?
This is assuming that your co-workers are part of an office/professional job. When I moved to chicago, I knew only my boyfriend (who was also not from chicago). I had to get a job quick while I was searching for a job in my career field. This worked for me, and it's worth a try.





I got a job at a bar close to Wrigglyville (on Southport). I met a considerable amount of great people %26amp; am still friends with them after leaving the job. After I got a job in my chosen career, I kept the bar job on the weekends (for a while) because it has its perks. The cash was nice %26amp; getting to know the local bar owners helps out when drinks are over priced.





This way your not going to the bars solo %26amp; you will still get to meet other people your age. It's worth a try, plus you won't lose anything out of trying. If anything, your setting yourself up for gaining a little extra $$.
Reply:in chicago eh...try with your hands up and wallet out....lol


No comments:

Post a Comment